When will eHive have multiple security levels available?
It was promised on this site in 2010.
Our organisation uses many volunteers to input and edit our records on eHive, and the present one user access is not appropriate.
Adding in multiple logins with different security levels is the next feature on our roadmap ( http://info.ehive.com/roadmap/ ), so we'll be starting on this next. We have been working through the design so that we're ready to do the development as soon as the imaging changes are complete. However, the development work is significant and is likely to take 6-12 months. We're looking at doing an incremental rollout, with very basic features first and then extending this with multiple smaller upgrades. A possible breakdown is:
- add additional logins, all with the same security rights
- log user sessions and track which records have been changed
- assign users to broad security levels
- control security access at a more precise feature level
- support users logging into more than one account
Thank you for your interest in these changes. It is a priority for us - we just need to balance the work with changes to keep the system up and running with the large number of users. There are now 750,000 records in the system and over six million images files.